Expertise for decades - national and international
To name a few facts: Since the foundation of our office we have been taking care of more than 10.000 patents and design patents and applications as well as more than 5.000 trademarks and respective applications.
Nowadays intellectual property rights in more than 50 countries are represented by our office.
With our large experience in enforcing property rights in Germany as well as in foreign countries as for example in the USA and China, but also in Arabian countries, South Africa and countries in Latin America or Asia intellectual property issues are our daily routine.
We advise our clients in all fields of intellectual property. We may directly represent our clients before the German Patent- and Trademark Office (GPTO), the European Patent Office (EPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office in Alicante, Spain (EUIPO), the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the German Patent Court (BPATG), and in appeal procedures of nullity actions before the German Federal Court (BGH).
Our practice areas in detail
- Drafting and filing patent, utility-model, trademark, and design-patent applications and prosecuting these applications.
- Defending patents, utility models, trademarks and design patents against attacks of third parties, for example within opposition proceedings, re-examination proceedings and cancellation actions.
- Conducting infringement proceedings, often together with specialized attorneys at law.
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and research and development agreements.
- Conducting searches for information about patents, utility models, design patents and trademarks or about applications of such rights of third parties and advising about the extent of such rights (freedom to operate).
- Conducting searches for prior-art documents
- Analyzing the validity of patents, utility models, trademarks and design patents.
- Monitoring the status of patent applications, utility model applications, trademark applications and design patent applications and/or registered patents.
- Administrative services relating to patents, utility models, trademarks, design patents and domains, including monitoring maintenance fee terms and payment of maintenance fees.
In addition to the above-described activities we advise in the field of patentibility of software and Know-How, and in the fields of German employees inventor law and questions of law of the name of companies. Often different fields of law are very closely connected which requires a problem to be viewed from different perspectives.
We represent clients of all parts of the world and of nearly all fields of technology, for example in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering as well as material science.
We work closely together with patent law firms and law firms in many countries since decades.